Saturday, March 31, 2012

CROSSING THE BRIDGE

I was coming up the on ramp to the bridge the other day and as I curved onto the main roadway I encountered a man walking toward me in the pedestrian walkway.  He had almost completed the long walk across the bridge at that point. The sun was shining but the air was brisk, especially up so high above the water.  Suddenly it became one of those bazaar, and lately more frequent kind of moments when time seems to stand still or becomes warped in some way. My first impression of his long grey hair, gaunt figure and disheveled clothing, was that of a homeless soul.  Immediately after that impression his eyes met mine.  Still holding each others gaze I suddenly experienced a review or flashback of some ancient history.  His cheekbones and eyes stood out to me, and what unfolded in the brief moment seemed to last several minutes.  There was a familiar connection, a knowing that passed between us in this suspended time.  Behind him I saw the mountain path he was walking on in a downhill direction, giving me the distinct knowledge of an area near Tibet, and me a passerby in the opposing direction.  He was as intrigued as I was in this moment of shared recognition. 

Considering the speed at which I was traveling and he being on foot, it all seems quite unlikely and yet, there it was; another case of a ‘time warp’, which seems to be happening with some regularity of late. (Other moments were actual clock hours, suddenly gone and I would find myself having driven a short distance and the clock had moved ahead two hours.  It’s been very unsettling and I haven’t mentioned it much until now. Frankly, I’ve been waiting to see what it’s leading up to on some grander scale.  This event was more of a twist on reality.)

This experience took me out of the commonplace of my everyday patterns and so I sat and really pondered the meaning of this small moment which appeared like a mini-segment in a surrealistic film.   What was this about? What was the point?

  1. Was it about time/space continuum….perhaps he really was walking down a mountain in Tibet at that moment; and I merely came along when the veil had lifted for just a few seconds

  1. What if the same souls encounter each other in recurrent lifetimes, is there a purpose for interacting with every soul you meet?

3.   If not, then our interaction that day had some meaning.  There were other vehicles which passed him ahead of me – yet he turned his eyes to mine, connected and appeared to be having a similar experience.  Was it meant to underscore the repetition of existence, or humanity’s choice of repetition, or more personally, the repetitions of my existence?

4.   Or it was just a random experience with no meaning at all

After much reflection I chose to follow my gut & intuition because they both agreed on Number 3.   Now to do some personal meditation on choices I may be making that could keep me locked into repeating the human experience.  As I work to raise my own vibrational level to a more spiritual plane, I appreciate every hint, big or small, the Creator/Universe/Holy Spirit or Guides gift my way.  Like totem animals that appear in our lives just when we need their particular brand of qualities, my time warp man appeared.  I think I shall find a photo of someone like him and post it on my wall to remind me of my own long, human lifetimes history and to pose the very personal question – on this soul's journey, what do I manifest next?

Nameste’
May Love and Bliss be Yours, 
Linda

 


No comments:

Post a Comment